Creating A Nail Art Masterpiece With Elegant Touch Express.
I love all the fabulous nail art that has been featured on all the Spring/Summer 2014 catwalks, as well as all over the likes of Instagram and Tumblr from talented ladies creating their own nail art masterpieces. Instead of inspiring me, it just makes me feel jealous and angry, as I am diabolical at applying nail varnish – anything other than applying a single shade seems like witchcraft to me.
I am so shaky handed and have a lack of patience, as well as the short temper of a comic book villain that loses control with a little mistake with the nail varnish. The left hand usually goes fine, but when it comes to doing the right hand, I would probably get better results if I threw the bottle of nail varnish at it. Then after all that hard work, effort and concentration, one little knock and you have a chip in the polish – something I can’t stop noticing with increasing frustration.
So I have been considering experimenting with false nails for a while now, to get quick and effective results. Step on in Elegant Touch – their new Express Colletion, fronted by the stunning BBC Radio One presenter Jameela Jamil, is set to be the hottest piece of hand candy this coming season.
Perfect for us girls who want to look fabulous, but don’t want to take an age to do so, the new Elegant Touch Express collection comes in 24 styles, from classic neon, to polka dots to outrageous nail art designs. There really is a style for every mood and occasion that will have you tempted to ditch the nail varnish for good.
With prices starting at just £7.99, you can have a super polished manicure that can last up to 7 days, when applied correctly. So how are they to apply, are they really idiot (i.e. me) proof?
Instant Hotness – Applying Your Elegant Touch Express Nails
I’m someone who likes to be prepared and organised, so I find it easier to get everything out that I need, so I’m not rooting around for stuff at the crucial moment, so here is what you will need…
The Manicure Essentials: 1) Elegant Touch Professional Buffer; 2) You Choice of Express Nails, I Chose Bright Marble; 3) Elegant Touch Professional Cuticle Clipper; 4) Elegant Touch Professional Cuticle Pusher and Nail Cleaner; 5) Elegant Touch Professional Nail Files.
Now you have all the essentials sorted and within reach, it is time to get your nails all ready for their new look – the better the surface, the better the nails will adhere.
- Remove any mail varnish that may be left on your nails.
- Soak your hands in warm soapy water until the cuticles soften and using your cuticle pusher, push the cuticles into the nail bed. Any long cuticles can be cut away using your cuticle trimmer.
- Buff away any ridges with your Elegant Touch Professional Buffer for a nice smooth surface.
- With your nail file, smooth the tips of your nails to a short length using long strokes – smaller quick strokes can cause the nails to weaken and split, you don’t want that.
Now you have the perfect canvas you can create your work of art. Inside the Express Manicure kit you have all you need to create your masterpiece – Instruction leaflet, nail prep wipe, small nail file and 24 press-on nails in various sizes.
- Get out the instruction leaflet and give it a quick read – it’s better to not to assume you know best in these matters.
- Give your nails another clean with soapy water and dry thoroughly. Wipe your nails with the enclosed prep wipe; you have to prep your nails properly to keep them happy and healthy.
- Select the correct size press-on nail for each finger and lay out ready to use with the end of the seal of the sticky tab at the cuticle.
It is now time to go and get stuck in and apply the nails to your finger tips – it may be the nerve-wracking part, but if you follow the instructions it will be easy and pain free, I promise you.
- Ensure the nails are the right way round with the thinner end sitting at the base of your natural nail near the cuticle.
- Peel of the protective film and place the press-on nail up to, but not touching the cuticle and apply at a 45 degree angle. To ensure it sticks strongly press firmly on the centre of the nail and then down each side. Repeat for all your nails.
- Using your professional Elegant Touch file, smooth away any rough edges, or file to a shorter length like I did, if you don’t like something too long. If you are going to file them, wait 30 minutes after application, you want to give them a chance to get comfortable before you start attacking them.
Now there is nothing left to do but enjoy them and show them off to anyone and everyone, like I did because I loved them so much. Don’t forget to pop some spares in your bag in case you do have a little accident and you lose one. If you can recover the nail , but it has lost a bit of it’s stickiness, you can use an Elegant Touch Super Adhesive Tab to bond it fast once again – clever stuff.
After washing your hands (stay away from water 30 minutes after applying) they glue may loosen, you can remedy this by drying them under a hair dryer on a low heat and press firmly to re-bond – simples.
So How Was The Elegant Touch Experience?
Being a false nail virgin I was a little bit worried that it would be a disaster and I would have false nails permanently bonded to my hair or face. But, the whole process was incredibly simple and easy, and including all the prep time, was complete within 20 minutes.
The nails felt incredibly secure and there are no dangers of annoying nail varnish chips – they looked perfect all day long and I caught many a girl eyeing them enviously. When it came time to remove them, they came away without any pain or sticky residue.
So am I an Elegant Touch Express convert? Absolutely – nail varnish may be a thing of the past for me, check out some of my favourites from the new collection that I cant wait to get my hands (or nails) on…
Be sure to also check out Elegant Touch’s new Candy Dip, available exclusively in store and online at Superdrug. You simple apply the sticky wrap to your nail, file of the excess and pop your finger in a range of glitters and voilà, sparkly nail perfection.